Friday, October 10, 2008

FO photo shoot... and the reason why I prefer to be behind the camera.

Work that camera girl... Ha, this is what happens when Hubby plays photographer... next time I think I will employ E-Brake of Miss J... I didn't quite get the shots I wanted... but since I have these pictures at the ready, I will use them... oh boy... here goes...

Here I am fooling around, while my (cough) photographer takes some FO shots. I swear I do not walk around thinking I am hot... I look self important here... not me, really... not my tummy either... sigh....
I put this shot in to show the buttons on the cuff... they are gorgeous Mother of Pearl buttons from my LYS... they are yummy! Yes, Stick out that chin and chest... sigh... I prefer to be behind the camera, really.
Here is my shawl on the sofa at the hotel... the details on the wrap, the cuffs are each one ball of Bristol Yarn Gallery Yardley (Baby Alpaca, Silk, Nylon) Color 100, garter stitch on size 10.5 needle. The center panel is RY Classic Yarns (Silk, Wool) DK 4 - 50g balls, color Milk. I used the Schaefer Yarn Nancy Shrugigan as inspiration... I knit beginning with one cuff, finished the ball, started on the RY yarn, knit the 4 balls through... then the last ball of the boucle...

For a while it looked as if I would not get to wear my wrap, it was a beautiful day in DC. But at the reception, I was freezing. I was not able to dance because of my toe, so I was sitting and freezing. DH brought down my wrap and I wore it for almost the whole reception. It was so cozy and warm. I have to say that I absolutely love merino, silk and alpaca... I love the feel, the smell and the warmth... yummy combination.

My husband loves this wrap, so much so that when we drove home, and we happened to go past a yarn shop, the Woolly Lamb in Pennington, NJ, we picked up 6 balls of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Astrakhan for a wrap done completely in the boucle, in garter stitch... the color is such a beautiful deep red (#31024). The camera is not capturing the color correctly... I'm not sure if I will be adding buttons, I will see how I feel at the end of the project.
This is my Anne Lacy Shawl from Schaefer Yarns for Rhinebeck... I am working on this to have it done in time to wear at the S & W... My first attempt at lace, and I am pleased with how it is coming along. I knit on this wrap on the way to DC last week, and then on the way back. It's smooth sailing once I get into the rhythm of the stitch... It's so fun... I am already checking out what lace project I can begin once I am finished with this and finish knitting my Red Boucle Wrap... I'm on a Wrap Roll... Ha, what a funny...

This is using KnitPicks Gloss 70% Merino, 30% Silk in Cosmos. It's my first time using this yarn, and I cannot wait to see how it drapes once I soak it in Euclan... No, I did not swatch... my bad...

OK, back behind the camera!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I LOVE these shots. It's fun to have fun with the camera. What a fun creation. Looks like you'll get lots of wear out of it. Enjoy.