Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Rip and a Half






E-Brake (my 13yr old DS Formerly Master E)... needed his rubber bands for his braces... DH was such a sweetie, so he made up a package with the rubber bands and he added an extra pair of shorts and T-shirt for E-Brake...

My Uncle Tony came over last night, with a notice for us to pick up the package... this morning my mom and I went to the post office, where you take a ticket...and you wait... and wait... and wait... I had my Package Notice, my official documents, and my number was called. Yippeeeee then the Signora told me that I needed to pay 13,50 Euro... this *after* my DH paid $13.60 USD to send me the package. La Signora told us that the Customs Agents open up the packages that arrive and determine how much taxes are paid on each package coming into Italy... Nice....

The T-shirt and shorts were USED... thankfully the rubber bands are new... but to have to pay 13,50 in Euro for customs taxes?!?!?!?!?!?! On stuff that we have used?

Bitter much? Yes... So much for La Bella Vita...

Perhaps I should run down to the beach and float in the crystal clear water to forget about the earlier part of this day....This picture is from our weekend trip to Costa Rei...

1 comment:

Donna Lee said...

What a beautiful beach. Why don't we have water that color?