Monday, July 21, 2008

The Random Post

Here in Sardinia, where it is more of a hot and dry type climate, rather than a lush tropical climate, there are many brush fires. We had a cane fire last week that was down the hill from our house, this past week there was another fire that was over to the side of our house. The wind was blowing the ash and smoke over our way... cough, cough... yuck. Interestingly enough, both fires were heard before being seen. The first by my mom, the second one by me. The sound resembles the sound of firecrackers going off. The girls were scared, Master E intrigued...

The firetruck, that got *lost* on the way to the fire... Oy....



Some progress I am making on my Opal Acapulco socks... of as I call them my watermelon socks. Perfect for summer knitting. Love the Eye of Partridge heel flap.... swooooon....
My Cone-Head son... Master E.
An intersting green blobby thing we found at the beach... not the first one that we have seen.
Marisa was sitting quietly after lunch, sifting some sand, and found this cute little bear... a few hours later I found this... any ideas on what it is? A tooth? A claw?
A sand design the kids made... too cute to remember our summer here.

We went to Mass Saturday night, so that Sunday we could take a day trip out to a big beach... but with last night having had a migraine, and *none* of us sleeping due to cars coming back from bars and discos, barking dogs and children waking up in the middle of the night (mine), we resigned ourselves to going to the beach that we frequent daily... I made the mistake of setting up base next to a person who promptly proclaimed that I was taking her sun, and that I needed to leave. I informed this *person* that it is a public beach, and that ThankYouVeryMuch, I will be staying... then she plopped herself into our beach chairs and told me that she would now be sitting in our chairs. Her husband sat and watched all this... never saying a word.... I told her that, she'd need to prepare that it's a small beach and that no one owned any specific spot on the beach... when I saw that this *person* was not understanding I told her that *I* would leaving because there was now way I'd want to sit and look at her face the whole day. Grrrrr who knew I would be able to have such a talk in Italian... So much for La Bella Vita... do you know that NO ONE ever occupied that space the whole day long? How disappointing that a human being could be so rude... It seems that I wasn't the only one assaulted by this *person*.... May I never meet up with this *person* ever again.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am very non-confrontational... this whole thing blew me out of the water....

Until next time.... Enjoy your summer, we are really enjoying ours....

2 comments:

Janice said...

It is amazing how rude and selfish some people can be. All I can think is they must be pretty miserable themselves and it makes me extra thankful for the blessings in my life! Love the beach creations. Am a little jealous of your beach time! The socks are great and very summery!

Donna Lee said...

Sounds like a good vacation for all of you. Too bad about the *person*. They're all over the world evidently. Good for you for not giving into the very real impulse to slap her. I'd be curious as to what the green things turn out to be.