Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day and how blessed I am...

I have a wonderful family! Yes, the kids are a handful and I still love them, if you are a parent, you know just what I mean... but yesterday was THE BEST DAY!!! The kids and my wonderful husband put together a wonderful day for us all to enjoy.

The day began with hugs and kisses while I was still in dreamland :) Then a little gifty for me, just a handbag that I have had my Bag-Lady eye on for a while...

Then breakfast at a diner, Mmmm, I had a Florentine Omelet with tomatoes... then off to the Delaware Water Gap to find us some waterfalls.

About a month ago, I told everyone that I wanted to have a nice family hike, somewhere where we could see some waterfalls and just enjoy the quiet. We enjoy biking as a family, but now that Miss M, who is 5, rides without training wheels, and would probably not enjoy sitting in the bike seat for a few hours, I thought that a hike would be perfect! Plus we could talk and enjoy the scenery. Perfect Plan! Except that road to get to Dingman's Falls was closed!! ACK!! Plan B... off to Bushkill Falls

Yes, you do pay for admission, but the place is amazing!!! And for just about the same cost of going to the movies, you get a nice safe place to be surrounded by beauty that only God could create. Bushkill Falls is clean, well kept, the trails and bridges were wonderful and easy for us to navigate, the 5 bijillion steps, good for the legs and backside. The steps are just in certain areas, but so worth it, I won't complain. I highly recommend this as a wonderful day trip. Just dress appropriately people... I saw heels, jeans tighter than the skin that God gave them, oh and a man in a suit, wearing a fanny pack. hmmmmm.

There were bears! These are New Jersey Black Bears. They were over the border, in Pennsylvania... that must be why they suffered this cruel fate of being stuffed in a museum section of the park.



As an aside, we had one, live appx. 2 year old bear, walk along the edge of our property last Monday, what a thrill it is to see a live Black Bear! We are safe, we follow the rules, no bird feeders, no trash out overnight. I respect the NJ Black Bears, and do not support killing them... and I do not make our property attractive to them. Oh, and I tell the kids to always be LOUD when playing outside... anyway back to Bushkill Falls...

There were falls ...

My girls in the picture for scale... LOL


I love this shot... similar to the one I took this fall...
My three Lovely, Loud and Lively children... Miss J, Master E, and Miss M!


And some bigger, louder, wetter falls!! Stunning! Agree?


After we hiked the entire trail, we left the park to get some sandwiches, took them back to Bushkill Falls and ate at the playground. The kids played and I knit! After we were all happy, we drove home to rent a movie, P.S. I Love You. I laughed, I cried... and I will have to go back and read the book... I remember the details to be a bit different... will have to check it out and see.

Then sushi for dinner! Except for Mr. DH... he doesn't eat that stuff... good more for the rest of us! What a wonderful day!

This morning? cold, windy and rainy... oh well, can't win them all.

I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday, and if you are a Mother, that you were able to spend time with your family!

I had two other photographers, Master E and Mr. DH... as soon as they give me their cameras to download, I will have more pictures to share.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a great day! We loved Bushkill too. I am sorry Dingman's was closed but it seems every time it rains trees come down over the trail. Glad you had fun!

Donna Lee said...

I've never been to Bushkill and now, sitting at my desk at work, I am daydreaming about a hike/picnic. The photos are gorgeous! I had a wonderful Mother's Day, too. Lots of rest, knitting, good food and best of all, family. Lucky folks, aren't we?

Janice said...

Sounds like an absolutely wonderful day. Thanks for sharing it with us!!

Jennifer said...

Breathtaking! What a wonderful way to spend Mother's Day.