Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday, Monday...

On Monday's I have been going to the school my kids attend, and have been teaching knitting to the 4th and 5th graders. The kids love it!

The downside? I do this during the lunch break, and the kids have maybe 10-15 minutes free in which to knit. Today was also a gloriously sunny day, and I felt like the kids should be running around yelling and playing to their hearts content. That aside, today they had about 10 minutes free, and they hardly began to get into the groove, when the teacher called them back to the classroom.

sigh.... thinking of my options, this is the only time and day that I can do this... and really, it felt like the teacher felt that I was in the way... she was by no means rude, it was just something I picked up, I could be very wrong... who knows.

What to do... maybe I should just stick to my Purl Gurls... and knitting with my two girls...
I just can't help but feel a bit deflated.

No comments: