Friday, February 22, 2008

Snow Day

Normally a cause for celebration. Yes?
The school calls at 5:30 AM to tell me that school is closed. So I actually LOSE 30 minutes of sleep.

My DS Master E's first words are "Big Breakfast!!! right mom?"

I sigh...

See, snow days for school children, actually mean more work for the mommy who is at home with them. Suddenly, I am no longer giving them a bowl of cereal, giving them pizza money for lunch and dropping them off at school. No, I am cleaning throughout the day. Making actual *meals* three times in a day, and also coming up with imaginative snacks... because I hear, "Mom, I'm hungry... what should I have?" Ahhhh my gourmet children...

And the dishwasher is D.E.A.D! That means my hands that want to knit, will be washing dishes...

OK Vent over. I know that other's out there go thru the same thing and worse...

Making Memories, Making Memories... my mantra.

The kids can play in the snow. I will make cookies for them to decorate and eat... and it will be alllllll right.....

Spring will come right????

I hear legally it *has* to come.... someone, get me my lawyer...

No comments: