Thursday, March 22, 2007

Persistence pays off in the end...


Once I frogged the two rows, it took me quite a few tries to figure out *what* row I needed to begin knitting. Which seems weird that that would happen... after all if I rip back a row and a half... I should be able to start a row and a half back knitting, but didn't seem to happen.... HUH?? This is a lace piece and it's difficult to figure out exactly what row I am on. This is not my work... but an image to show you what the Waterfall Stitch looks like. I am Working with a deep red wool from Cascade.

I persisted and now I am back on track!! What a wonderful feeling!! In a time in my life that my work never lasts... you know, laundry, house cleaning, dishes... heck even washing and vacuuming the mini-van doesn't last... Funny how the food I eat lasts... on my hips... but I think that is all... and - I digress....

I do not mind when this happens - yes it it frustrating... yet I look at how much I've learned and grown over the past few months of taking my knitting class. Waaaayyyy back, I would have ripped back to the beginning... since taking the classes, I've learned to read my stitches, to work backwards, to take my work off my needles and put it back on the right way... I've learned to count my rows correctly... more or less... remember, knitting is an ART... not a science....LOL I've always had difficulty with numbers... ask DH... I look at every opportunity of messing up, to learn something. Sometimes my DH holds his breath... I wonder if he thinks that I will so all postal with my knitting needles and hurt someone... LOL not, I've learned something everytime .... every. single. time.

What a good thing for my children to see. Persistence, errors, working to repair the error... and never a hissy fit....
I hope that they notice....

No comments: