Friday, March 23, 2007

Not in Love...

... with my Chunky Cables sweater. I will finish it... but I am not *in love* with it. This sweater is a class. We were given an easy cardigan pattern, no buttons... minimal shaping... just to learn basics in making a sweater. The yarn was chosen for us... I did get to chose the color, I went with my signature color - red. But I tell you, I have not fallen in love with the wool. Cestari Bulky... It is actually making my bamboo circulars lose thier smoothness. :\ not too happy about that . I solved it by rubbing them with a piece of waxed paper... it's good for a while...but I can tell that I am putting off working on it because I am not in love...

I love color. I love touching the yarn... even smelling it... shhhhh you don't need to share that info... just chuckle quietly to yourself please...

I love to look at my hands while knitting... I love to feel them working, to see the stitches being made... to count (though it only makes me count better - I'm still not great with math - ask DH) LOL I remember Nonna knitting in the dark while watching TV... I enjoy looking at my work and *listening* to the TV... I get so into my knitting (sans kiddos) that I can actually feel myself being pulled into the yarn in a warm and cozy trance. Maybe that is why I get a bit annoyed when knitting and having many, interruptions that the littles place upon me. I want to go to my warm and cozy "Happy Place" while knitting... it refreshes me...

Oh, last night I finished my Waterfall. It looks beautiful. I love it. I hated that it ended. Now I get to choose another square... I wonder what I will choose.... mmmmm delicious choices...

No comments: