Monday, July 30, 2007

Being Grateful....

This weekend DH and I had a date.  It was nice - nice to hold hands, talk, and just be quiet with the man who is everything to me.  I realized that I have all that I need - love, family and a home in which to nurture and love the people that  I have prayed for.

I guess that all gets lost in everyday life.  Sometimes I only see the muddy footprints tracked into the kitchen, but not the fact that a little soul is coming to me for  comfort or to give me a beautiful treasured dandelion from the lawn...  I hear only the yelling and screaming  and not the fact that my children (though loudly) are trying to work things out, and may need some adult guidance... but none the less, are learning to communicate.  Or the fact that I am *only* thinking that I am not able to do something for myself... when maybe summertime should be a time where I ease up on some things and enjoy my children before they are old enough to drive away...

I also need to do things for myself, but at a time where I can concentrate and be alone....and maybe that time can be a time when the children are still sleeping.... so this morning after my DH left for work I got up for Mommy Time...  once the kids wake up I will hug and kiss them and be grateful that I have them to hug and kiss.

No comments: