Thursday, August 5, 2010

And She's Back!!

I believe many have been a little quiet on blogs lately...

I am back, for a few reasons. One of which is my mom, who likes to see what we are up to here in New Jersey, while she is off on Enchanted Island for the summer...

Tomorrow I will have my Brownie troop over to work on their first badge. Shhhhh they don't know the 'work' part yet LOL. We will be making our Sit-Upons! Ahhhh I remember making my own Sit-Upon, or should I say, I remember my dad making it... My Dad, in true US Coast Guard fashion, took over and made a beautiful Sit-Upon. I can say that now, but back then I wanted the same newspaper stuffed in a bag Sit-Upon that all the girls had. I'm not sure where that Sit-Upon ended up, probably sold at a yard sale before one of our many military moves. But I can see it plain and clear in my memory.

Yesterday I had a quick meeting with my GS mentor. Soooo many trips/camping/project possibilities!! In a way it made my head spin! I hope I can fit it all in, and that the girls have a great year!!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Yeah! You'll have so many wonderful adventures with the girls. Good luck and remember to have fun. Hope you'll post pictures. Boy Scouts has been one of the most fulfilling adventures of my lifetime.