Thursday, November 8, 2007

All the time in the world...

... to knit. But not much of a desire...

Here I am on my little butter yellow recliner... my Royal Chair... and I am bored to tears. I've surfed. I've made a few purchases (material for me & a bedding set for DS12) and I have knit a bit, and I wish I could just have the vacuum run once or twice. I guess since I am to remain with my foot up on a pillow, the kids feel that they don't need to do anything. Yes, they are home. Teacher In-Service... maaaaan, any other day, I'd be happily watching my Tivo'ed shows or a DVD. No, here I am with Pokemon cartoons go on ad nauseam.

I did not break any bones in my foot. I did however detach a ligament in my foot and that is what a sprain is. I never knew that. I always thought that a sprain was an over stretched muscle. Hmmmm than goodness for Google, where everything can be looked up.

Monday night I passed out in the bathroom. "Slept" for a while on the bathroom floor. I do not recommend it. It's not comfortable. In fact it is downright uncomfortable and a bit scary when you come to. It does, come with a lovely parting gift... a nice goose egg that you can admire and feel the throb 3 days later.

The fun just continues...

I just thank God that I was wearing my Pumas when this happened. I fear that had I been shoeless, it could have been worse.

OK, I am alive and we are all well. I will be thankful there was nothing worse.

I am working on my Chevron Scarf, mini socks for Christmas ornaments and my wrist warmers...

2 comments:

Shelly Kang said...

Ouch! Get well soon?

Donna Lee said...

When I "missed the last step" I had a full laundry basket in my hands and just put all my weight down on my right ankle. I had a talar dislocation and thanks to google I know way more than I ever wanted to know about ankle dislocations. When I realized there were no broken bones, I was relieved but the tech said I would wish it was broken because bones heal better than soft tissue. How right he was. It is three years later and I still have days when the ankle brace is needed. I hope you heal well but take it easy. Ankles are hard because you HAVE to use them. I enjoyed being told to sit down but after a while the cast got so annoying I wanted to scream. I didn' knit then and I don't remember what I did for 6 weeks (besides driving everyone crazy!)